Saturday, April 2, 2011

Spring break {part II}...Amy, Grandma Joyce, and the Zoo

Thursday and Friday as I previously mentioned in the last post were days that my cousin Amy and G'ma Joyce came up. They got here around noon on Thursday and we went to lunch at the Ugly Mug {local Farmington spot} and then came home and caught up on life. We later went to my parent's for dinner and Colin joined us as well. On Friday, Amy and I headed up to Albertville to hit the outlets. She had never been up there and we had warned her that this kind of shopping was not for the faint of heart! Amy and I left at 9 {my mom graciously watched Brylee} and we left the outlets around 3. We found some good deals,however,  Brylee won with the most purchases {no surprise there!}. On our way home we also made a stop at IKEA and Amy picked up a few things. We ended the evening grabbing some food at a local Mexican place and Darryl was able to join us. I am so glad that Amy came up and was able to bring my g'ma as well. Brylee sure loved Amy and G'ma Joyce {a.k.a G'ma Doyce}. Here are some pics of Brylee with Amy and G'ma Joyce.
 {my beautiful cousin Amy}
 {G'ma Joyce and Brylee}

 {love this one!}
 {hugs}




 {checking out G'ma's buttons}





 {love this one too!}


 {an attempt at a somersault??}



Now....on to today. Today we decided to head to the MN Zoo. The weather was 50 and sunny and therefore that was the perfect recipe for a fun-filled day at the zoo! Plus, it was the first weekend for the baby farm animals at the zoo. Brylee had so much fun seeing all the animals. Oddly enough, she seems to be the most obsessed with the unusual/uncommon animals. She couldn't stop talking about the buffalos
 {or Buff a lo los as Brylee calls them...it sounds more fun that way I suppose!} or the prairie dogs. Darryl bought her a prairie dog stuffed animal and she has not let that thing out of her sight since we got home. He watched her eat, attempted to take a nap with her, and now is sleeping with her! Here are many, many, pics from today.
 {before we left this morning....}


 {playing games on my i-phone}
 {shaking her butt/dancing while playing her games}


SOME CLOSE-UPS....


 {who can resist this face?}




AND NOW ON TO THE ZOO PICS
 {ready to take on the day}

 {equipped with a pedometer...they were giving them out for free. Brylee walked 7,000 steps today!}


 {Daddy helping Brylee see the animals}


 {swinging monkeys...gotta love them}

 {can never get enough of this!}
 {I don't know what this is..}
 {tortoises}

 {checking out the fish below}


 {yes, they are doing what it looks like they are doing...a little Discovery Channel action}
{OMG- what are those monkeys doing?!}
{gotta love the cute bears too!}
{the buffalolos...they were actually bison though}

{apparently he thinks he is cool...I guess I would have to agree!}
 {cute little prairie dog!}
{a camel with some serious hump problems!}
{on our way to see the farm babies!}
{cutest little lamb ever....I would like to bring him home! We could trade in Conan for a black little lamb!}

{crazy, gnarly, big sheep}
 {I don't know why, but I like this windmill}
 {on their way back from seeing other baby animals, petting goats, etc.....I was the stroller watcher}
 {do we really need to post this??!!}

 {checking out the cows}


 {Darryl let her cling to the fence like this....bad daddy!}

{LOVE this picture}
 {another windmill pic....because I am weird}

{exploring while mommy is in the bathroom!}
{happy girl}
 {finishing up our trip to the zoo on the MN trail}

{carrying around her prairie dog...}
 {caption=curiosity}
 {another one of my favorites of the day}
{a freeze time kind of picture...I wish she would just stay like this forever!}

There you have it....you made it to the end of a very LONG post!
Congratulations....give yourself a pat on the back! 
:)

1 comment:

brilfamily said...

Love the pic's! I just hope my little girl is as cute as Brylee!!!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs