Sunday, May 1, 2011

She is 2!

A two year old is so many things.

A tiny discoverer of butterfly wings.

A hugger of teddies, a sweet sleepy head.

And someone to dream for in bright years ahead.

A special new person who right from the start,

had a place in the family and of course in my heart.

And just when you think you've learned all the things,

that your dear baby is, and the joy that she brings,

a hug or a grin comes with such a sweet surprise,

that love finds you smiling with tears in your eyes.

-author unknown
 {newborn Brylee}



{what a difference 2 years makes!}


To Brylee on your 2nd Birthday

As I write this I can’t possibly believe my baby is turning 2! It seems like just yesterday we were bringing our baby girl home! Back then, I had no idea I could love something so much, so instantly. My heart burst open the day you were born and every day that passes it overflows with more and more love.

You have blossomed before our eyes this past year into the most delightful, beautiful, and loving little girl. Your smile and laugh are contagious. Your spirit is pure joy. You make us proud to be your parents.

During the past year you have mastered so many things like walking, running, jumping, and talking (now in full sentences!); but little girl you have so much more ahead of you! I look forward to witnessing your journey as you navigate new things in life, seeing you discover beauty inside and around you, and observing your curiosity and imagination take flight. I can’t wait to teach you new things and watch you grow.

As you become more and more independent, I want you to know that I will always be there (if and when you need me)… to hold your hand, dry your tears, give you hugs, encourage you to spread your wings and soar, and always remind you to have fun and dance in the rain. You will do great things, little girl!... and I am humbled to be able to share in your life journey!

I love you! (my Lovie, my munchkie-moo moo)
Happy 2nd Birthday, Babe!
Oodles and Oodles of Love,
Mommy (and Daddy too!)

I will end with one of my favorite books entitled "you are my I love you". I think this pretty much sums it up!

You are my I LOVE YOU
Author: Maryann K. Cusimano

I am your parent, you are my child.

I am your quiet place, you are my wild.

I am your calm face, you are my giggle.

I am your wait, you are my wiggle.

I am your finish line, you are my race.

I am your praying hands, you are my saving grace.

I am your lullaby; you are my peek-a-boo.

I am your good-night kiss, you are my I love you.











2 comments:

Jenni said...

happy birthday brylee!!! :) she is so precious!!

Missy... said...

Happy Birthday to your VERY special little girl!!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs