Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's day weekend fun

Hey Y'all... don't know why I said that...it just sounds more fun!

We have had a great weekend so far. Beautiful weather..FINALLY and lots of fun family time and memories. Yesterday, Darryl surprised me in the morning with the itenerary for the day. I started out going to the local nail salon for a mani/pedi. Returned home and we headed to lunch at the Ugly Mug. Afterwards, we drove to Chanhassen to the Arboretum. I adore that place. It is so peaceful and beautiful. If we lived a little closer, I would defintely buy a membership. The afternoon was spent walking, exploring, and enjoying each other's company. It was the best day. In the evening we returned home. Darryl cooked some steaks on the grill, my favorite cheesy potatoes and a new gluten free pasta. Of course wine was served. What an awesome husband! Thanks, Shotzes! Also, thanks to this special girl, for making me a mother! { I bragged about her already in this post} She is everything to me and I am so thankful for her, and I will do my best to be the mom she deserves.

Today we are heading to Brunch at Wildfire in Eden Prairie with my family and then headed up to Eric/Leah's in Albertville for Alix's communion/reception. A busy, but fun mother's day!

Lastly, since it is Mother's day I want to obviously thank my mom for being such a special person in my life. She is the best mother! She is so caring, kind, and always thinking about her kids and putting our needs abover her own. I can only hope to be as good of a mother as she is! I LOVE you,  mom!

Also, to my mother-in-law, Reda....Thank you for being such a great mother-in-law. You are so supportive of Darryl and I and love Brylee so much. We are very excited for you move back to MN {hopefully soon}, so that we can share special days like this with you. Happy Mother's day to you.
Lastly, Happy Mother's day to all my wonderful friends who are moms. You guys are the best with offering advice, allowing me to vent, and just making me strive to be a better mom! I love you guys.

Without further ado....A VERY long picture reel from yesterday. You can see more on picasa by clicking  arboretum pics
arboretum

{too cool and ready to explore the arboretum}

{spring has sprung}
 {checking out the fountain with daddy}

 {exploring in the big nest hut....no, that is not official terminology}
 {picturesque}


{stopping to smell the beautiful tulips}
 {catch me if you can}


 {one of my favorites of the day}
 {I don't know why, but I love this little bridge}

 {roaming in a field of yellow daffodils}
 {hey, you....}


 



 {fancy that...it's a dandelion}
 {always ready to explore}


 {another one of my favorites}

 {the essence of a 2 year old}

 {LOVE these 2 pics}







 {plucking dandelions...life doesn't get much better than this!}

 






 {yeah...more dandelions, bugs, and weeds!}

 {so independent}
 {taking a quick break}






 {we stumbled upon this....there was a wedding party that arrived just as we were able to snap a few shots...gorgeous!}









2 comments:

brilfamily said...

Love the pic's Chandra! you are so good with the camera!

Adam and Erin said...

Beautiful, I had originally wanted to get married there, but opted for a church wedding (with my parents opinion taken into consideration). Cute pics of Brylee and Darryl, Darryl needs to snap one of you and Brylee together!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs