Sunday, December 6, 2009

The GIRL EFFECT

 As I was watching Oprah this morning (the shows from this past week that I recorded) I was struck by the show on the in-justices of women and girls in the world today. Our media in the U.S. often neglects to bring us stories of actual substance, and therefore I feel like in many ways we are out of the loop concerning the atrocities happening around the world. This show really moved me and I encourage you to all check out Oprah.com to find out more information and encourage you to donate $5, $10, $15. You would be surprised at how a minimal amount can actually do so much.  Check out Oprah's website (http://www.oprah.com/package/oprahshow/oprahshow/pkgregistry/20090925-tows-registry-girls-women) and click the tabs across the top to donate for a cause you feel strongly about. I encourage everyone to consider making a donation.

Also, please check out the video the girl effect.

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs