Saturday, February 26, 2011

Normandale Gala and my little elephant on parade..{weird title!}

Last night, Darryl and I attended my school's {Normandale Elementary-French Immersion} 20th anniversary Gala. It was at the Sofitel, as I mentioned previously. There were over 600 people {tickets were sold out}...so quite crowded. Regardless, it was an evening to get spruced up, spend time with colleagues, and past and present Normandale Families. I am quite sure that the auction was quite successful from the tables and tables of auction items such as: sports jerseys, sports tickets, to cupcake parties, dining out, and week long trips. All donated by parents and great sponsors. The great news is that the money raised goes to our school and most importantly the kids. Edina is a city that values education, and most importantly teachers. I am constantly amazed at this community and although I don't live there, I am so grateful that I work in Edina, one of the best districts not only in the state, but in the nation. We are doing things right...and for all the fingers being pointed lately in education and all the constant criticism, it is important to know that there are districts getting it right for children...where politics aside, the goal is still all about success of children. Last night was a celebration of education and success and I was grateful to be a part of it.

 {the eiffel tower cake}
 {the hubby and I...he sure cleans up nice...don't you think!?}

 {before heading to the party..cheesy I know!}


Now my little elephant on parade playing and parading around this morning....


                                                                       {can you tell she likes books??}






 {something didn't go her way...resulting in this face!!}

{all smiles again!}



 {playing beast}






 {the usual scene in my living room} 

1 comment:

Missy... said...

You should definitely link link up to "Stepin Out Saturday"!!

http://www.harpershappenings.com/2011/02/26/steppin-out-saturday-2-26-11/

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs