Thursday, February 10, 2011

Did you know?...

DID YOU KNOW...

1. I am a bad dog mommy because I tend to prefer one of our westies over the other? Can you guess which one we tend to like better on a given day? If you guessed Rosie...you are right! Let me explain why Conan (Coco or Conie) isn't always on our favorite list...he is anxious and nervous, poops when you turn on a vacuum cleaner, shakes when you turn on the dishwasher...even if you click it so it is on delay, growls when you try and take something and recently chewed up Brylee's cookie monster figure. Brylee turned to him and sad...bad conan. So, Cookie had to be thrown...bye, bye Cookie! Rosie is just well, Rosy! She has a good personality and that takes her FAR! She doesn't have the anxiety issues, but still has issues like...eating everything in sight (stealing Conan's food or treats) and hogging our bed....and then growling when you move her. So, there I admit it...on a given day I tend  to favor 1 dog over the other!

2.  Darryl's parents have recently put their house up for SALE in NV! So, when that sells they will coming back to the tundra of MN. We will be happy to have them back.

3. Next weekend I will be venturing to the Wisconsin Dells. Not for rides and amusement parks, but for some good 'ol fashioned girl time! Yes, it is our annual (although we skipped last year) Girl's weekend. It will be a little smaller this year, with just Erin, Laura, and myself. However, there will not be any lack of fun I am sure! Massages and mani's/pedi's are scheduled!

4. There are 16 weeks left of school. Enough said!

5. It seems that there are pregnants (affectionately known as preggers) all around! My friend Alicia, is pregnant with her 3rd (already has 2 handsome guys and is soooooo hoping for a little princess! I hope she gets her wish!) and is due in July.  Laura (already has handsome Donovan) and will find out in March what she is having is also due in July. My friend Erika, is preggers with twins! They will find out in March also what they are having and also due in July! Babies are everywhere. No, people, I AM NOT PREGNANT!

6. I am loving Naartjie clothing. Here's my comparison....what Gymboree is to cuteness...Naartjie is to Funky. {Kind of like Gymboree on crack.}

7.  I am now on a gluten free diet. As you may know, my wonderful, caring, beautiful mom, has been on a gluten-free diet since last summer. It has made her feel soooooo great! She always makes gluten free meals on Sundays when come for lunch. I have always had somewhat of a senstive stomach. Recently, I would notice that after eating lots of bread, I felt like crap later that day and the next day. So, I experimented and have been pretty successful with staying on it. Mind you, I am a BREAD LOVER! It is like my favorite food, well besides potatoes. So, it was hardat first, but there are some great gluten free snacks and some of the breads are not too bad. Plus, I can still have my potatoes. So, for now I feel better, no bloat, more energy, so I think I will stick to it.

8.  We are going to have balmy temperatures for the next week? In case you didn't know...we have been absolutely frigid this week....lows like 10-15 below in the morning. The poor kids have been stuck inside for indoor recess most of the week. So, temps in the 30s and maybe even 40 degrees sounds heavenly!

9.  Valentine's day is around the corner and I have already gotten Brylee and Darryl's gift. (that is progress for me).

10.  Mary has agreed to watch Brylee next year as well. This may not seem to be a big deal, but it is! Mary (affectionately known as nanny!) loves Brylee, Brylee loves Nanny.....you get the picture...they are a perfect match. Darryl and I love her too and now we don't have to stress ourselves out about finding new childcare for next year.

11. Darryl passed his nutrition certification test that he took way back in December! YEA, Darryl! So, now he gets to add some fancy letters behind his name too!

That's all I got for now.
OMG this post had no pictures! :) Don't worry, the crazy picture posting will  be back soon!
Chandra

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs