Monday, December 27, 2010

Our Christmas Story in Pictures

I can't quite believe Christmas is over!! After all the anticipation, it has now come and gone...boo! However, even though it is over {sad}, we are busy playing with our many fun things. I am writing this post from my new laptop that Darryl gave me so that I could do all of my picture editing and store all of our pictures on this one. This way I don't have to be in another room, I can do everything while sitting on the couch! YEAH! Some highlights from the last few days...Christmas Eve was spent with Eric, Leah, Alix, Drew, and Paige in Albertville. In the afternoon we packed up the gifts and headed to my parents' house for homemade chicken noodle soup and other goodies and headed to the 7:00 Christmas Eve service. Brylee did fairly well, but after 40 minutes, Darryl had to take her out. She was just tired and wanted to play and be loud. After church we headed back to my parent's as Santa had come while we were at church! We opened those gifts and headed out. Christmas morning was so fun! Brylee loved that HO HO came and brought her a piano and a baby buggy! After cinnamon  rolls and showers, we began to chip away at the mound of presents! Brylee opened lots of fun gifts from mommy and daddy and nana and g'pa Jim. After this gift opening we headed back over to my parents for you guessed it...more presents...and there was definitely no shortage. The gifts not only filled in under the tree, but what seemed like half the room! We got lots of great gifts and Brylee was spoiled as usual. Yesterday, we made our annual Christmas drive to Ankeny to see my uncle/aunt and cousins. I was sooo excited to meet baby Kaiah {my cousin Missy's 4th beautiful babe}. Brylee got more presents and then we headed home in the afternoon. Needless to say it has been a Christmas Whirlwind once again, but honestly I wouldn't have it any other way! Thanks to all our families for the awesome, thoughtful gifts. We are so blessed and so is Brylee! I hope everyone had a merry Christmas!

I can't end this post without mentioning that today is our 7th anniversary! Time has flown and much has changed, but our love for eachother has gotten stronger. He is my best friend and I am so glad that he chose me to marry! I am one lucky girl and I am excited to make new memories in 2011! I love you shotzes!

Whew...that was super, duper, long. If you read this whole thing...congrats!

As always, what is a post without pics?? Warning.....there are a TON of pictures!! hehe.
Christmas eve during the day....
{Paige}
{getting the appetizers ready}
{playing with her cousins}

{Paige serenading us!}
{aunt Leah and Brylee}


{miss Alix}
{uncle Eric and Brylee}



{Drew showing uncle turtle her moves}



{getting ready to open presents}

{Leah snapping away}
{Paige and her coloring book}
{miss P}
{drew}


{drew and alix}



NOW onto Christmas EVE night.....

 {dappa dappa - g'pa and Brylee}
 {uncle Colin and Brylee}
my plate for santa...(thank you nana)

Christmas DAY
 {checking out what Santa left}
 {playing my piano}


 {Rosie}
 {conan}





 {hello, is this thing working?}
 {Brylee's mound of gifts!}
 {trying to get everything out of her stocking}
 {reading the book from nana and g'pa jim..."guess how much I miss you" with Nana's voice}
 {this thing is hilarious...it plays peek-a-boo and giggles! Thanks nana and g'pa jim}

 {my baby}
 {sitting on my new pillow pet from one of Daddy's clients}
 {a day of skiing from me!}




 {Goofy}
 {donald}

Christmas at the VOIGT's
 {uncle Colin and Brylee}
 {is this all for me??}
                                            {Colin tying a bow on me}

 {so excited!}


 {love this one....G'ma and Brylee}
 {these are so heavy!}

 {Miss Lucy Lou}

 {Dad}
 {mom}
 {D}

 {G'ma Joyce}

 {a new dollhouse! Thanks g'ma and g'pa!}
{modeling my new vest!}

the DAY after Christmas with the Voigt's/ Starr's
 {trying to pet Gus!}
 {J and baby Kaiah}
 {Addison and Elijah}
 {Eli}
 {Brylee and Addi playing}


 {J and Eli}
 {Missy, Kaiah, Camden, Brylee, and Jodi}
 {Missy, Kaiah, and Cami}
 {LOVE this one!}
 {Cami opening presents}
 {Addi}

 {Brian, Danielle, and Kaiah}
 {Mr. Eli}
 {Addison}
 {boys}

 {G'ma Joyce}
 {busy coloring with star shaped crayons}


 {Darryl's senior photos!}
{JoJo and Kaiah}


There you have it people.....to see more click on the slideshow.

3 comments:

Missy... said...

As always, GREAT pics!

It was so nice seeing you guys yesterday. Thanks for making the trip...I know it isn't easy with little ones!

Enjoy the rest of your break!

Adam and Erin said...

Looks like lots of wonderful Christmas times with family!

Jodi said...

Awesome pictures, Chandra! Thanks for sharing.

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs