Sunday, May 3, 2009

Introducing Brylee Calla Bushard....

Brylee Calla Bushard was born on May 1st, 2009.
She weighed in at 8 lbs even and was 21 inches long. She was born at 3:01 AM on the 1st of May.

Brylee's birth story...
Brylee's birthday was scheduled to be on May 4th, although her due date was May 2nd. However, she had plans of her own! At about 4:30 in the afternoon on April 30th, I started having contractions. They started up and were 5 minutes apart. So, I called Darryl at work thinking that we would have plenty of time and knowing that he would have to drive through rush hour to get home. It took him about an hour to get home and in that time I must have called him 2-3 times asking him his location as my contractions were getting stronger! We made it to the hospital where Darryl dropped me off at the ER entrance and they wheeled me up to the maternity floor. I was already 5-6 cm. dilated. Once we got to the maternity floor they called for the anesthesiologist to come. However, he did not come for at least a half hour (which was the most difficult part!). The epidural finally came and I was in heaven! At about 11:00 p.m. I was 8 cm dilated and so shortly thereafter I started to push. We thought we were going to have an April baby, but she had other plans. She wasn't born until 3:01 A.M. on May 1st...she took a bit longer as she ended up being face up (or sunny side up), making the delivery more difficult. In the end it was all worth it. We are so thrilled and over the moon with our new baby girl. We can't believe she is actually ours and is finally here! We love you Brylee!

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs