Sunday, May 10, 2009

1st Mother's day

Happy Mother's day to all the moms! It is my first "real" mother's day, (only had doggie mother's day the last few years). Darryl thinks it is nice how I planned my baby very close to a holiday! :).
Yesterday, we went to the zoo to celebrate, however miss Brylee slept through everything, but at least we were able to document with pictures. This morning I was greeted with a card from Brylee and a letter written by Daddy from Brylee. It was very sweet, and almost made me cry. I will also be receiving a mother/child pendant with an emerald (Brylee's birthstone) and a mommy memory journal, where I can jot done quick notes about Brylee. So, needless to say, it has been a great Mother's day so far. Daddy has done well (which we knew he would), now we need to conjure up something good for father's day, since he set the bar so high! Later this morning we are headed off to brunch with my family to celebrate mother's day with my mom. Darryl's mom is in Nevada, so unfortunately we don't get to see her, but we wish her a happy mother's day as well.
Hope everyone has a good Mother's day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chandra, Thanks for remembering me! Your first M.D. sounded wonderful! Wish we could have been there to help you celebrate.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update! So fun to hear about all of Brylee's firsts...she is a beautiful baby, can't wait to see her again! Hope it's soon!

Erin

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs