Monday, March 19, 2012

Introducing Brittyn Isla Bushard!

We are over the moon to welcome Brittyn Isla (pronounced eye-la)! She was born on 3/18/12 at 8:28 AM. She weighed in a 8.7 lbs and was 20.25 inches. She is a perfect little angel!
Brittyn decided to come exactly 1 week early from my due date. We attended a wedding on St. Patty's day (Sat. night) and got home around 8:30. At around 2:30 A.M. I started having contractions. Around 3:00, I told Darryl I was in labor. I decided to take a quick shower. When I finished, I told Darryl to call my mom so that she could come watch Brylee and we also called the dr. My mom hustled over...although it seemed like a while, as I was in pain! We drove to Abbott and arrived around 4:45. When we got there I was 4-5 cm dilated  and was definitely in labor {as if I didn't already know that!}. We got a room and waited for the epidural...another 45 minutes or so...which surely is the worst part! Finally the pain relief arrived at 5:45 and I was much happier! Within the hour I progressed to 9 cm! She was born after 3 pushes at 8:28 AM! This labor and delivery was much easier than Brylee!!
Yesterday, we had several visitors....Darryl's parents, my parents and Brylee, Colby and Steph, Colin and Jacky, Mary and her mom Joyce, and Eric and the girls...it was great to see everyone and they all brought us lovely flowers, balloons, and gifts.
We were discharged this morning around 11, and got home around 11:30. We have just been hanging out all day. Darryl will be off till next Tuesday. Brittyn has been a great baby so far...she just cries when she is hungry and then goes back to sleep. So hopefully that continues.
As always, here are some pics of our newest addition.































No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs