Friday, March 19, 2010

Diary of a Personal Trainer's wife...















Today’s blog post is quite different from my usual picture post of my favorite subject Brylee. This post is about my other favorite subject I suppose…the hubby (depending on the day (j/k!)).

Anyways, I don’t know if the nice weather has got people motivated again or what…but it seems that lately every time I turn around someone is asking me about Darryl’s job and inquiring about training with him or their desire to, what it’s like being married to a personal trainer, etc. Not to worry…I am more than happy to answer questions or send new clients his way (e.g. which I did! one of the parents of 2 kids I service at school just starting group training with Darryl)…small world in Edina!

So, here are some of the questions/comments I get the most and my responses


Q: Does your husband make you work out?

A: no, he does not make me do anything…including working out!


Q: Does he design work outs for you?

A: yes and no. Let me clarify. Yes, he would if I asked. No…because I usually don’t ask!


Q: Do you guys eat super healthy?

A: I think we eat pretty healthy, but we are not calorie counters, dieters, etc. He loves sweets and I love the salties. So, we try to stay balanced.

Comment: it must be hard being married to a personal trainer!

My response: not really. Darryl never pushes me to work-out. He has been that way since I met him. Sometimes it provides good motivation for me to work out and have a nice physique (just like my hubby) However, most of the time it just annoys me that he is fit and I am not at the same level of fitness nor am I as motivated!

Comment: it must be nice being married to a personal trainer!

Response: Yes, it is. Free membership to the gym (when I go). Great insight into nutrition and fitness, products, etc and a healthy lifestyle.

Q: Do you go to the gym a lot? (My favorite question btw!)

A: come on people….you know the answer. NO!

Well, actually it depends on the season!  In the summer I go more for 2 reasons

1) yes, you guessed it… I am off, so I have more time (with the exception of last summer because Brylee was too little)

2) the club in Lakeville…I mean resort in Lakeville has an awesome pool!

My favorite workout is the Nintendo Wii. I am not joking either. Easy to do when Brylee is napping or asleep for the night. The Wii EA Sports Active is my favorite…and yes, it does kick your butt.

That’s all for now…please post any other questions or comments you would like to share!

Happy Getting in shape season!

Yours Truly,
The Personal Trainer's wife.

2 comments:

Missy... said...

Ha! I love it! Was it inspired by my desperate plea to your husband to help me with my abs?!? :)

chandra said...

No, it wasn't just you...lots of people have been asking lately. However, he did read me what you wrote. My response was: what is she talking about...she already has a flat stomach. My other response was....she should have another kid and then she wouldn't have to worry about it for awhile!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs