Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's day

Jim, Reda, me (preggers with Brylee) and Darryl
Dad, Mom, and me
Darryl and Brylee
Dad and Brylee
Darryl with Brylee
Today is father's day and I want to give a big shout out to all the dads out there!!

First, to my hubby! Today is his first "official" father's day...as previously he has just been a daddy to doggies (conan and rosie!) I am so proud of what a great daddy he is to Brylee. From the moment I found out I was pregnant, through my pregnancy and my constant complaining about throwing up, getting fat, (and still complaining about my weight!), etc., and through labor he was my biggest support. He was sooo very excited to be a new daddy! I could see it in his eyes when we saw the first ultrasound and found out it was a girl, to his constant chattering about her and anticipating her arrival. From the moment she was born he has been in absolute love with her. I can't wait to see their incredible bond grow throughout the years. I only hope it is as strong as the one I have between me and my dad. I know she is going to be daddy's girl!
Now, a shout out to the other man in my life...my dad! My dad is the most amazing person I know. He has always been my support system. Many a times growing up I would come to my dad to fix things, give advice, or just talk me down from my craziness. He is the person I can always count on (including my mom of course). He always pushed me to do my best even when I wanted to give up! As long as I tried my hardest that was all he asked for. He is the hardest working man I know ( I don't understand how a person can get up at 4 Am to go to work!), but with that said, my brothers and I were and are always top priority. He would come to practices, games, recitals, etc. worn out from his long day, but he knew how much it meant to us to have our dad present. That is something I will always treasure. Now as a grandpa to my little girl, he is renewed with such excitement. He can't stop talking about his "sweetheart", and even though sometimes we roll our eyes at his antics and obsession with Brylee, I couldn't be any more excited and happy. I know I am the luckiest girl in the world to have a dad like mine, and I know Brylee is the luckiest girl in the world to have grandpa Terry!

Last but not least, I want to wish a happy father's day to my father-in-law Jim. Although, he lives far away he has always been so supportive of Darryl and I, and that means so much. I know Darryl admires his dad by the way he talks about him growing up and by the way he approaches life. (Darryl's laid back attitude is a personality trait he got from his dad, obviously I did not get that trait!). Unfortunately, Darryl's parents live in NV and therefore we don't get to see them a lot, but that just means that the time we all get to spend together is all the more meaningful. We are looking forward to their trip back to MN in July.

So, thanks to these wonderful men in particular, and of course all the other dads, step-dads, grandpas, papas, etc.! I love you all....and have a wonderful father's day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Chandra, Thank you very much for the very nice comments and Father's Day wishes! I was really touched. Reda and I can't wait to see you, Darryl and Brylee! Can't wait to hold my new granddaughter.
Love, Jim

brilfamily said...

That was great! I was even crying when you wrote about your dad! :)

Missy... said...

Oh, so nice! You're right, we feel the same about our dads. :)

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs