Monday, March 18, 2013

One!


The beauty of a girl cannot be mimicked, fabricated, or created  by human means, it only occurs naturally. Pam Callaghan

A Birthday letter to Brittyn Isla on your first birthday....

When I look back on this year I am amazed by the speed at which it has passed. It seems like only yesterday your daddy and I were so anxiously awaiting your arrival. We were all placing bets on when you would arrive. I have to say your uncle Colin was the closest (with his prediction of a St. Patty’s baby). I will forever remember the day before you were born. We were at a wedding. It was HOT (I mean over 80 degrees in March), but a  beautiful summer-like day {basically the opposite of today!}. I remember feeling quite uncomfortable as my belly was huge, my energy depleted, but my anticipation of meeting you was growing each and every day.  Earlier that day, Brylee and I went to the Mall of America while daddy was at work, with the hopes that walking would urge you to make an early entrance. When I went to bed on St. Patrick’s day after being exhausted from the day’s events, I had no idea I would be awakened by contractions in the wee hours of the morning. We made our way to the hospital and you arrived around 8:30 A.M.on Sunday, March 18th. You were a hearty 8 lbs, 7 oz and you were beautiful! Holding you for the first time took me back to that very same moment almost 3 years earlier, when I laid eyes on your sister, Brylee Calla, for the very first time. From the moment you arrived you have turned our world upside down ( in a good way!), by opening our eyes and hearts deeper into the world of love.

Looking back on the past year.... the first few months were a bit foggy (from our lack of sleep).  You had some challenges (colic, tummy issues, etc.) but thankfully we got them in check and you became a much happier baby, which in turn made us much happier as well! You have been quite advanced with your motor skills since the beginning. Holding your head up at a few weeks old, rolling over, crawling around 7 months and walking at just over 10 months. Lately, your language skills are really blossoming.  You say “dada”, “mama”, and ‘oh” quite frequently. I know you have a LOT more to say and I can’t wait to hear more of your chatty little voice.

You are an extrovert with a fiery personality and spirit and have a constant curiosity for the world. You can be described as fearless, adventurous, and a cuddler (my favorite!) who is not shy about vocalizing her needs and wants.  Your blue eyes sparkle when you smile. You are the happiest when you are moving, out and about, being held, or when you are with Brylee. She can make you giggle like no one else. My heart warms when  I see the both of you together...playing, laughing, learning, and loving. My hope is that as you grow, your relationship with your sister will become stronger  and always remain rooted in love and trust.

This past year has been an amazing ride and I am excited to see how much more you grow and learn in the next year. You and Brylee have taught me so much about being a mother and yet I have so much more to learn.  Your presence in my life is joy.

Today, we celebrate you, my baby, turning 1. I have not fully accepted that now you are not technically a “baby” anymore, but that’s okay...because in my heart you will always remain  my fair haired, blue-eyed baby girl.


Happy first Birthday monkey!
Love always,
Mama





Click to see on Youtube

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs