Sunday, September 9, 2012

{the preschooler}

{Preschooler}
pre·school  (prskl)
adj.
1. Of, relating to, intended for, or being the early years of childhood that precede the beginning of elementary school.
n. (prskl)
2.A school for children who are not old enough to attend kindergarten; a nursery school.
 
Yes, my baby is off to preschool tomorrow! I know she is only 3, but I can't understand how she is already off to preschool! This girl is oh so ready to begin her journey in learning. She is going to have a blast learning new things and making new friends. She was so excited for her open house the other night and remembered her room {as we had gone there this summer with my mom}. She went straight to the play kitchen area and made herself right at home....telling daddy to sit down so she could make him some food. She seemed right at home in her new world and that makes this momma happy. She is growing up, and I am learning to let go...little by little.. Baby steps, baby steps. 
 
I was talking with a co-worker the other day, and discussing the girls and childcare and all the logistics of everything. In the midst of the conversation she so poignantly said...you know I read somewhere long ago that we only have 940 weekends with our children from the time they are born to the age of 18 (and 260 before they turn 5)! She said that number always stuck with me {as her 2 boys are now grown}, as she described how the time of raising children flies by so quickly. As I reflected on our conversation later, that number struck me, mostly because hearing that finite number helped me realize how we really need to make the most of our family time together because it really passes too quickly.

Lastly, I know that as daddy drops her off tomorrow all wide eyed and eager with her cinderella backpack in tow {about the same size as her!}, I know my little is ready to take on the world! 
Watch out world this girl {my girl} is amazing and I can't wait to watch her soar!

A little poem....
Being Too Small 

 ( Kirsty M. Brooks)

As I watch you play,
I see in your eyes
The impatience of being too small.
Always wanting to be bigger,
Having what the other kids have.
Enjoy these times of being too small...
Having someone to give you a hand,
To pick you up when you fall.
Because before too long,
These days will be gone.
And all you'll have are the
Memories of being too small.

Here are some pics of the big {actually little!} preschooler and also some of Miss Brittyn {can't believe she is almost 6 months old!}























 















 
{a little out of focus...but thought it was funny nonetheless!}



 {Brylee thought it would be funny to put her sunglasses on Brittyn}




Have a "COOL" week everyone!


No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs