Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Brylee Calla turns 3!


Where or where has the time gone? I can't believe 3 years ago today our baby girl came into the world at 3:01 A.M.! It was one of the greatest moments of my life!.....

Dear Brylee,
I can't believe you are a big 3 year old today! It seems like just yesterday I was holding you in my arms and was so overcome with love that morning of May 1st!...REAL LOVE! In these past 3 years, you have taught me about patience, compassion, and love.

At 3 years old you are constantly chattering {little miss chatterbox}...sometimes I do indeed tell you to be quiet and take a break for a minute{because frankly my brain needs a break!}, but that is what I love most about you. Your constant inquisitive mind. I don't know how many stories we have heard about "Spooky" {your cat} and where he is going, where he works, what he is doing, etc., but it makes me laugh. I have told you in moments of haste that Spooky is not real....and you reply always "yes, he is mama"...and because arguing with a 3 year old never ends well,  I end up agreeing! That is the thing about your 3 year old mind....it has its own agenda and imagination and truly yours is amazing. I love that about you.
 {Spooky}

This year you have become so much more independent. You are potty trained (since you were 2 1/2), you get undressed and mostly dressed by yourself, follow directions well, love reading books, ride your bike, play independently, color, cut, and love to help daddy cook. We say that you are 3 going on 15! Your favorite toys are: books, your dollhouse, your kitchen, and any little stuffed animal...especially Spooky!!
You also love socializing! Your favorite places to go are: Lifetime {of course!} to go on the slides, the park, the zoo, nanny Mary's, g'ma and dappa's/nana and g'pa Jim's, the mall, and restaurants! Every day you ask me what we are doing today or where are we going! You are a girl that wants to know the plans! You have an easy going personality {like daddy}, but definitely are a perfectionist. If something isn't the way you intend it to be you let people know!!

Here are some of Mommy's favorite pics this past year....


















Recently, in March you became a big sister! After all the months of asking mommy EVERY.SINGLE. DAY if the baby was coming today...{and I would always reply...no, not today!}, Miss Brittyn Isla made her entrance on March 18th. You were sound asleep when mommy and daddy left for the hospital and g'ma Nancy came to stay with you until you got up. G'ma took you over to her and dappa's house and on the way you expressed that you freak out when you have a bath...which is very true!{as g'ma told you she was going to give you a bath}! In the afternoon, you came to the  hospital to meet you little sister with G'ma, Dappa, Colby, and Steph. You were a bit hesitant about seeing Mommy in the hospital and your new little sister, and kept commenting on how tiny Brittyn was. I knew in time, you would warm up to the whole big sister role, and once again you rose to the occasion. Over the past 6 weeks you have gracefully taken on your role as Big sister. You talk to Brittyn in your baby voice {as we all do!}, tell mommy or daddy when she is crying, want to help give her baths, and most of all LOVE her. When people ask you if you about your sister you light up and tell them that her name is Brittyn Isla! I love that. You are such a compassionate young girl and Brittyn is oh so lucky to have you as a big sister! It is a very big job to be a big sister and I know you and Brittyn will be life long friends....and that makes my heart happy!



Lastly, I want you to know that I am so proud to be your mommy! You make me so happy...beyond words! I hope you always know how much you are loved. You are forever sunshine in my life!

Happy 3rd Birthday Brylee!
Love,
Mommy


Some pictures of the birthday girl....
























No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs