Thursday, December 15, 2011

Christmas FAQ



{So, I am stealing this little Christmas quiz from my cousin Missy. You can check out her answers over at 
I figured I should get a pre-Christmas post in here somewhere and because there are only 10 days till Christmas here it goes....

1. egg nog or hot chocolate?
Definitely hot chocolate. Never understood the appeal of egg nog.

2. does santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Depends if you ask my husband or myself. Santa usually wraps,  but if the gifts are too big, he leaves them unwrapped.

3. colored lights on tree/house or white?
White.
4. do you hang mistletoe?  
No.
5. when do you put your decorations up? 
Usually the weekend after Thanksgiving. However, this year we put them up the weekend before Thanksgiving which was nice because it wasn't so hectic after Thanksgiving. 
6. what is your favorite holiday dish?
Homemade soups and appetizers to snack on.

7. favorite holiday memory as a child? 
opening presents, visiting Santa, going to Kraynak's (this place in Pennsylvania with awesome Christmas displays).
8. when and how did you learn the truth about santa?
I don't remember a particular time....We still believe and therefore we continue to get presents!

9. do you open a gift on christmas eve?
Santa comes to my parents house while we are at church for Christmas Eve service, so we open those gifts on Christmas Eve. 
10. how do you decorate your christmas tree?
White lights, icicle stringy stuff, lots of ornaments from years past and new ones too.

11. snow! love it or dread it?
LOVE it for Christmas and then it can make a quick exit in January!

12. can you ice skate? 
Yes, but I am no Nancy Kerrigan!

13. do you remember your favorite gift?
Our dog Conan (given my Darryl the year we were married)...although some days honestly I would like to return him. Yes, I am a bad dog mom! 
Coach purse, laptop, toys (when I was younger)
14. what's the most important thing about the holidays for you?
Traditions, being with family, and watching the magic of Christmas through Brylee's eyes.

15. what is your favorite holiday dessert? 
spritz cookies, peppermint ice cream dessert, caramels
16. what are your favorite holiday traditions? 
spending Christmas Eve with Darryl's family, going to Christmas Eve service with my family, opening presents with Darryl and Brylee Christmas morning, and going to my parent's house Christmas Day to celebrate and open presents. 

17. what tops your tree?
a hideous multi colored light up star purchased by my husband. He threw away our old tree topper with our fake tree last year. This year we got a real tree and had to get a new one. We didn't realize it was so ugly...but it makes us laugh!

18. which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
Both. I love trying to find the perfect present for someone and seeing their face when they open it. However, I will never turn down a present!

19. candy canes: yuck or yum?
Yum, but in small quantities.

20. your favorite christmas show? 
The polar express movie.

21. what is the saddest christmas song?
the Christmas shoes song (my mom LOVES this song). 
22. What is your Favorite Christmas song?
O HOLY NIGHT. (I love Josh Groban's version) 
 Grown up Christmas List (by Amy Grant)

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs