Saturday, September 10, 2011

NEWS and pics...

Let's start off with the news....
As some of you know...BABY Bushard #2 is expected to arrive around March 25, 2012! I am 12 weeks along. We are very excited and Brylee is very excited to be a big sister! As for how I have been feeling...well, to be frank...not stellar! I thought this time was going to be different as I didn't get sick right away. Sure enough around 7 weeks the sickies started {let's clarify sickies= pukies!}. So after 2 weeks of sickies, I made the decision to get the meds {Zofran} to stop the puke as I knew I had to head back to work at the end of that week. The {zofran} worked wonders for about a week, and since then the sickies have returned. At least it is only once a day, usually in the evening,  but nevertheless I am still getting sick with meds! So, I am hoping now that I am 12 weeks the hormones will peak out soon and allow the zofran to work again! Let's hope for the sake of this family. Darryl is a trooper dealing with the emotional roller coaster that is a pregnant wife in addition to his pregnant wife that feels like crapola most of the time from either puking or feeling the need to puke! Brylee also talks about mommy trowing up {her version of throwing up}.
Trowing up is a perfect segway into what happened on the way to work Thursday morning. Brylee and I are driving to nanny Mary's and about 10 minutes till Mary's house I hear Brylee coughing and then vomiting not 1, 2, but 3 times all over herself in her carseat! So, as I am trying not to gag from the smell, I am quickly trying to problem solve in my head. I quick gave Mary a call to give her a heads up that a bath was definitely in order. We arrived at Mary's, and the damage in the car seat was worse than I thought. Brylee was covered in puke...so I stripped her down in the driveway all the while she is crying because she is dirty! Mary takes her in to give her a bath and gives me some towels. So, I scrubbed puke the best I could and put the puke filled clothes into a plastic bag in the trunk. I tried to get the cover off the car seat, but you know how those things are...impossible to get off and you have to take the whole darn thing out....which I knew I would never get back in properly. Fortunately, it was a nice sunny day, so my car sat in the parking lot with all windows and the sun roof open to allow for the most ventilation of the puke smelled car to take place! As you can imagine the ride home was something less than desirable, but we did it! Brylee is fine...was perfect at Mary's and of course no evidence of having an upset stomach. She told Mary that she "trow up" like Mommy. Super! So, there you have it an awesome Mommy story to remember. Don't worry, Daddy was not left out. He had the honor of cleaning out the puke smelly car and removing the car seat cover. I thought it was only fair of me to share the duties with him! :)

So, that is update around here. Back to work, trying to get back in a routine, trying to muster through the days not feeling the best, but hanging in there.

Brylee and I did go outside this morning to draw masterpieces on the sidewalk! The 2 yr. old had a blast, and I am finally feeling motivated again to take pics!
Here are pics from this morning.

Whew...that was a long post!
































5 comments:

Missy... said...

You poor things! I've been wondering how you're doing...thanks for the update! LOVE the new pics.

Adam and Erin said...

Funny story, sorry you feel so bad. Hope the meds start working again soon! Take care.

Jodi said...

Chandra - Even though the news is WONDERFUL I'm sorry to hear you've been feeling rotten. Hope it passes very soon! Take care!

april_sickler said...

Congrats!!! So exciting!

april_sickler said...

Oh, and sorry about all the puke...hope it ceases soon!

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs