Friday, October 1, 2010

vocabulary of a 17 month year old

Today Brylee is 17 months and she is constantly talking...hmmm...wonder where she gets that from?
Anyways I have been trying to document her extended vocabulary. Let me tell you she is advanced (ok...so I am bragging) but really...I can say that because of my profession as a speech/language pathologist...I won't bore you with the average mean length of utterance or average number of words for her age...but she truly has the gift of gab!

Brylee's words at 17 months:
mommy, mama, mom,
daddy, dad,
puppy
RoRo (Rosie)
Rahr (bear)
rahr (lion)
baa (sheep)
moo (cow)
duck
kack (duck)
huss (horse)
hat
hot
owweee
more
dunno (done!)
Mickey (this will come in handy at Disneyworld in a few weeks!)
milk
NO! (and this is used the most...No means no and No also means yes!)
baby
boo (ghost)
what's at (what's that...used all the time about 1,000 times a day it seems)
vrroom vrroom (car, truck)
gecko (according to Mary our nanny)
dampa (grandpa...still no form of grandma...which drives my mom crazy!)
Bobo (Colby)
ball
up
down
butt (belly button)
Hi
appo (apple)
mac (mac and cheese)
book
hoo hoo (owl)
fish lips (= fish)
elmo

A few 2 word combos...always involving the word No!
(e.g. daddy no! puppy no! mommy no!)

I am sure I left out a few but this is all I could think of.

Brylee can also receptively point to her body parts (head, eyes, hair, ear, nose, mouth, teeth, hands, feet, fingers, toes, and belly).

No comments:

 

© 2011. All Rights Reserved. | Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs